- 110 guests
1. You can now pre-order Hamlet: Prince of Denmark: A Novel read by Richard Armitage from Audible.com and Audible.co.uk. The title is out on 20th May. Audible are owned by Amazon and run an affiliate scheme similar to the one this website already has in place with Amazon. I will be looking to set up affiliate status with Audible this weekend so that orders via this site will earn commission for charity.
2. Part 2 of Anglophile TV's Richard Armitage interview is here on YouTube.
1. Strike Back in Germany: RTL 2 will be showing the whole of Strike Back series 1, starring Richard as John Porter, in the early hours of the morning on Sunday 9th March from 01.20am. Click the link for the TV schedule. Thanks to Sabine.
2. The German TV magazine 'TV Movie' has a small article called 'Hollywood destroys the world' in which Into the Storm is mentioned, alongside films like Godzilla, Planet of the Apes, Transformers 4 and Pompeii. Thanks to Carmen for the scan below (click to enlarge) and this translation:
Into the Storm
3. Part 2 of Anglophile TV's Richard Armitage interview will be posted on YouTube on Wednesday 5th March at 12 noon (Pacific time), which is 8pm GMT. I'll post a link here.
1. The first part of the Anglophile interview is here on YouTube.
2. The photographer Sarah Dunn has posted a scan of a Japanese magazine article containing one of her photographs on her Facebook page. If anyone has a clearer scan of this article they would willingly share with visitors to this site, and perhaps also translate, then please email me (address above). Thank you.
3. A new month, so a reminder that the 2014 unofficial calendar is here.
1. The Anglophile Channel are hoping to have the first part of their interview with Richard available to watch this Sunday (LA time) on their YouTube channel.
2. Please keep voting for Richard for an Empire 2014 Award for Best Supporting Actor! The site accepts multiple votes.
1. Richard was interviewed by Marlise Boland of The Anglophile Channel yesterday at the British Consulate in Los Angeles. They have posted several pictures taken during the interview on their Facebook page and there is also a funny teaser video. The interview will be posted on their YouTube channel in March. The interview pictures are also in the Interviews gallery.
Voting in the 2014 Empire Awards has begun, and as the BBC News website states (thanks Debbie for the link) The Hobbit: The Desolation of Smaug has the most number of nominations with seven, in contrast to the fact that it has largely been ignored by the bigger award shows. Empire Awards are voted for by the fans of course. Richard Armitage is nominated as Best Supporting Actor! To vote, visit Empire Online. The awards ceremony will be held in London on 30th March.
1. News of Richard's next work: Richard will perform a new adaptation of Shakespeare's Hamlet as an audio novel. The novel has been co-written by author A J Hartley and David Hewson and will be available via Audible on May 20th. The announcement was made by the co-author @authorajhartley on twitter (follow this link to see his answers to some questions about the audiobook), who tweeted a link to the news on ajhartley.net. I will post links to Audible on this site as soon as the audiobook is available to pre-order.
2. How long did it take to record this audiobook? According to AJ Hartley's Facebook page, recording started on 19th February. On the 22nd February he posted that recording was finished.
3. David Hewson, co-writer of the Hamlet audiobook, has blogged about the news that Richard will read their new audiobook out May 20th. He writes that the audiobook will be available worldwide, it was recorded in New Jersey and there will be more news and audio clips closer to the release date.
1. At the end of last year, Audible.co.uk bought the rights to several audiobooks sold by AudioGo Ltd who went into administration. The Lords of the North, unabridged version, narrated by Richard Armitage, was only available via AudioGo Ltd and Audible still do not have it listed in their catalogue or in their 'Coming Soon' list, so currently it is not possible to buy a new copy of the audiobook. I have created a poll in the menu on the left-hand side to see how many people own a copy and also how many would like to own a copy. Most fans of Richard's audiobooks believe that The Lords of the North is the best one by far (myself included) so I hope one day that Audible will decide to publish this audiobook. Please vote in the poll on the left-hand side in the menu and let us know what you think.
Previous poll results are here.
2. Thanks to Glady for screenshots of the World Premiere of The Desolation of Smaug livestream, 2nd December 2013, which are now in the gallery.
1. Headlines Today's interview with Richard was posted in December but it is new to me and I've posted it here because it is one of the few interviews by the Indian media. I have added it to the growing list of video interviews on the Desolation of Smaug Video Clips page. Most questions have been asked before but worth listening to, especially the last response to the question about how Richard's previous work experience has benefited playing the role of Thorin. Thanks to Dia.
2. Thanks to a Warner Bros. Home Entertainment UK press release sent to me this evening, I can pass on news of The Hobbit: The Desolation of Smaug release on DVD, Blu-ray 3D and Digital Download. These formats will all be released first in the UK on 7th April 2014 (US release 8th April 2014).
DVD packaging as shown in the press release (pending final pack shot). Click to enlarge:
From the press release: The Blu-ray 3D features the theatrical version of the film in 3D hi-definition, hi-definition and standard definition; the Blu-ray features the theatrical version of the film in hi-definition on Blu-ray; and the DVD features the theatrical version in standard definition. The Blu-ray 3D and Blu-ray copies also include a digital version of the movie with UltraViolet. Fans can also own The Hobbit: The Desolation of Smaug in digital download on 7 April via purchase from digital retailers.
The Hobbit: The Desolation of Smaug DVD contains the following special features:
1. Behind the scenes clips from The Hobbit: The Desolation of Smaug are on TrailerAddict (check the description under the video for parts 2 and 3). Alternatively all three parts are shown as one video on YouTube. If you scroll down on that TrailerAddict link and click 'View all videos' you'll see several trailers and clips from the film and interviews with the cast.
2. An English translation of the TV Bros. article is now in yesterday's news, thanks to Emma.
Click the images below to see better quality scans from the Japanese magazine TV Bros. (originally posted below in the news 13th Feb). Thank you very much to Yoko for the scans. Here is a translation of the article into English, with many thanks to Emma.
1. Kevin McCarthy interviews the cast of The Hobbit via Geek Nation. Richard appears at 8m 34s and again at 11m 40s. Thanks to Laura for the link.
2. Spooks series 9 promotional videos and interviews that were previously downloadable from this site have now been uploaded to the RichardArmitageNet YouTube channel. You can watch direct from my channel or via the Spooks 9 Interviews and Clips page. This should make it easier to view the clips. Enjoy!
A really interesting interview with Jed Brophy was posted a few days ago on the Critics Associated site, with lots of references to working on Lord of the Rings and The Hobbit. For specific mentions of Richard see his response to the first question, what he'd still like to film (I'd pay good money to see that), and his memories of filming the Battle of the Five Armies. Thanks to the interviewer @ElisaWSS for the tweet. FYI you can follow Jed Brophy on twitter at @BrophyJed.
2. Thanks to @matildRAs for finding this review of the Pinter/PROUST play, in which Swann was described as being 'played with melancholy dignity by Richard Armitage'. Note new picture at the end.
1. Lots of photos of Richard at the Berlin Hobbit premiere (9 Dec 2013) have been posted on starwhispers.com. Please note the reposting restrictions stated below the photos. Thanks to Nicole and Glady for the link.
2. A picture of John and Margaret from North and South appeared in Times Square, New York recently thanks to a tweet posted by @armitageblogger. Thanks Laura for the link.
3. The New Yorker's review of the Pinter/PROUST play that took place on 16th January, makes a mention of "a strapping Richard Armitage as the stately Swann".
4. A donation of £376.64 plus gift aid has been made today to Childline as a result of your generous use of the Amazon links on the home page. Thank you very much! Further details of how referral fees are accured are here.
1. The February 2014 issue of Empire magazine includes a 5 star review of The Hobbit: The Desolation of Smaug and a short preview of The Hobbit: There and Back Again. Thanks to Jen for the scans. Click the thumbnails below to read.
3. Lucy Brown, who played Ivy in the 2005 production Malice Aforethought (and also Miss Latimer in North and South) has posted a photo used for continuity on Malice Aforethought on Instagram. I've added this to the Malice Aforethought gallery.
Lara Hillier, who played Odette in Pinter/PROUST has posted a cast photo on twitter. Click the instagram link to see the photo.
A 13 minute long video clip showing Richard in the one-night only performance of Pinter/PROUST in New York is on YouTube. Thanks to Aneta and Estelle.
1. Thanks to Glady for screenshots of the Google+ Hangout that took place on 4 December, which are now in the gallery.
2. Here's a photograph from the Pinter/PROUST programme showing the actor's biographies. Thanks to @girlfriday1035 on twitter.
2. A framed photograph of Richard that hangs in a corridor of LAMDA in London has been passed to me with kind permission by the owner of the RA Bulgaria Facebook page, who has since informed me the photo is courtesy of Terpsichora - thank you! The photo shows Richard appearing as Felix in the play The Normal Heart by Larry Kramer and we believe it was taken in 1998. The picture is now in the Miscellaneous gallery.
3. A repeat of Moving On: Drowning not Waving starring Richard as John Mulligan will be shown on BBC1 at 1.15pm on Sunday 19th January.
Richard will be performing at the Kaufmann Concert Hall inside the 92nd Street Y building, New York City in a one night only reading of the play Pinter/PROUST on Thursday 16th January. Visit the website for more details. Thanks to Servetus.
A combined donation to Barnardo's and Shelter of £153.43 was made today from referral fees paid to this site from Amazon.co.uk and Amazon.de for the month of October 2013. Thank you very much for using the Amazon links on the home page of this site to earn referral fees for charity. Further details of how referral fees are accured are here.
1. Two Barclays Premier League football advertisements with voiceovers from Richard have been posted on YouTube for a while but have eluded me, so here they are now: advert 1 and advert 2. The first advert was taken down a few months ago and reuploaded with slightly different footage. Thanks to JH and Kaprekar for the links.
2. Cinemax's uncensored interviews with Richard, Luke Evans, Evangeline Lilly and Benedict Cumberbatch are now available on YouTube via the Cinemax channel: clip 1, clip 2, clip 3 and clip 4. Thanks to Magda.
3. The Sag Harbor Express (New York) have published print interviews with Richard and Lee Pace that took place during a roundtable press event several months ago in New York City. Some questions are familiar but there is some new information about the costume design and a spoiler warning near the end regarding Thorin.
4. There were A LOT of video interviews from The Desolation of Smaug promotion last month some of which are on the DoS Video Clips page. As I mentioned on the guestbook today, I'm slowly updating this list so keep checking back if you want to keep up-to-date with all the video interviews Richard has given recently. Print interviews will appear on the Interviews page.
5. Robin Hood in Germany: series 1 will air on Super RTL starting Thursday 9th January at 21:50. Thanks to Michaela.
6. The 2014 calendar pictures are now available as separate pictures without the bottom calendar section if you want to save them to your desktop: click here. I've also made minor amendments to April and September as some of my photoshopping was a bit dodgy. These amendments are included in the whole calendar download (zip file).
The 2014 RichardArmitageNet calendar is now available to download and print. This calendar is for personal use only. Please do not upload anywhere else.
1. This interview with Richard and Luke took place when they were in Madrid. There are some interesting comments about their interactions with fans and a funny comment about dealing with the fish in Laketown. Thanks to Nina.
3. An interview with Richard that took place while he was in Berlin recently has been published in the German magazine Bravo. Thanks to Isy and Nancy for the scan on tumblr and the English translation. I think almost all of the questions are unique so we've got some new answers from Richard, which means this is definitely an interview worth reading.
4. New poll on the left-hand side asking for your rating of The Hobbit: The Desolation of Smaug. If you haven't seen the film yet and are intending to do so, please don't vote 'Haven't seen it' yet, but vote in the poll after your viewing. Previous poll results are here.
2. This Hungarian interview with the Hobbit cast at the LA press junket shows some behind the scenes footage and features Richard at 5m 2s. Thanks to RACentral for the link. Richard says Merry Christmas at the end in Hungarian.
1. Thank you very much to Leslie Hassler for kind permission to post her photographs in my gallery. This photoshoot took place in New York in October 2013, some of which appeared in the December 2013 issue of NY Moves magazine and others are here on the Getty images site. Click 'original image' to see the full size. The photographs in my gallery are from her Facebook page and here is a link to Leslie's website. For older news about this photoshoot, see news 16 November and 28 November below.
2. The Sydney Morning Herald published a short interview with Richard on 23rd December about the progression of his career, including an interesting comment that North and South introduced him to Peter Jackson.
3. Time magazine published an on-set visit report earlier this month, that gave an insight into the filming of The Hobbit: The Desolation of Smaug, with brief quotes from many of the cast including Richard. Many thanks to Squid for these scans (click to enlarge):
4. A Sky Movies Hobbit special including Richard (from 51 seconds) is on YouTube. Thanks to Elaine for the email. Screencaps from this video are in the DoS Promo gallery, starting with this picture. Click 'original image' to see the full size.
1. Thanks to Heather for sharing some fantastic photographs of Richard at the LA premiere on 2nd December and from the Book of New Zealand event held on 30 November 2013. Follow the links below and click 'original image' when viewing each picture to see the excellent quality and XL size.
2. More photos from the Waterstone's Q&A event held on 6th December 2012 with thanks to Shane Lu are in the Waterstone's Candids gallery (image numbers 10-18). For more of her photos and to read her account of the evening, visit her Facebook page. Thanks for sharing Shane Lu!
Candid pictures have been put on the site with many thanks to prwelly, CrystalChandlyre, Grace, Andrea, Gundi, Guylty, Lucky, Karina and Pilar:
If you have candid pictures from this event that you'd like me to add to these galleries please email me.
1. Peter Jackson has posted production video #14 on his Facebook page.
2. Thanks to @Alicia5908 on twitter for sending me this article about Richard in the french magazine Carrefour Savoirs (click the image below to enlarge). Here is an English translation.
3. MTV's Josh Horowitz interviewed Richard in which he believes Peter Jackson will not be able to resist making a film version of The Silmarillion. He also talks about Thorin's dragon sickness and invents a new word. Some spoilers about the third film. This video is not able to view in the UK so RACentral have kindly uploaded it to YouTube.
4. MTV UK interview Luke Evans and Richard Armitage. Richard talks about the most gruelling scenes to film and how Peter Jackson brings new ideas to the studio every day. He also talks about stinky fish, barrels and the splendour of Smaug.
5. Photographer Sarah Dunn has been posting pictures of the Hobbit cast on her Facebook page and has been releasing more pictures as her page gets more 'likes'. Click the link to see the latest pictures of Richard, including this one posted today.
1. Richard has sent a new message to us all on Annette's site RichardArmitageOnline.
I'd like to take this opportunity to thank Annette for her constant kindness towards me, her positive encouragement and for her emails - I wish you well Annette and thank you.
Thanks also for the 100s of emails I've received in the last few days. As you've probably noticed I'm not on the ball with news lately but I do intend to post updates to the site on a gradual basis. I'm currently writing a thesis for academic work and have a January deadline, it's going to be a busy Christmas holidays! Thanks for your patience. Ali xx
2. Richard's agent has forwarded new information regarding contacting Richard for a signed picture. The address in London remains the same and is the ONLY address to contact Richard. Note the new envelope size and you must enclose payment in order to receive a reply. For the latest information see the FAQ page.
3. ClickOnline published their full interview with Richard on 13 December, some of which has been seen before (remember the cats v dogs comment). The press embargo is lifted, hence they have published Richard's answers to their Hobbit questions, and Richard also states an interest in the remake of 'Metropolis'. Read the interview here.
4. The LA Times HeroComplex interview with Richard has some spoilers about The Desolation of Smaug and a rare reference to North and South. Thanks to Laura.
1. Two interviews with Richard translated into German have appeared in recently published magazines and scans are below (click to enlarge):
Many thanks to both ladies for sending these articles to me to share.
2. Empire magazine podcast with actors from The Hobbit, including Richard at 1 hour 24 minutes. Thanks to Aneta.
3. EAsylum interview on YouTube: the Armitage Army (some get a mention), cocktails and Thorin.
4. Joshua Horowitz from MTV tweeted this hilarious picture of himself and Richard as part of his happy/sad/confused picture series. Have a look through Joshua's timeline for similar pictures with Evangeline Lilly, Bradley Cooper, etc, it's worth a look!
1. The entire livestream from the 9 December 2013 Berlin premiere is here (with adverts). Thanks to Gundi for the link.
2. Pictures of Richard and Luke Evans from the Madrid premiere on this French magazine site. Thanks to Joane.
3. A short clip of Richard and Luke promoting The Hobbit in Madrid on TVE News. Non-Spanish speakers might just about hear the English behind the dubbing. Thanks to Judit.
4. The Finnish tv-channel MTV3 interviewed Richard (probably in Berlin): click here. Thanks to Linnea.
1. Watch livestream video from the Madrid Hobbit premiere on Warnerbros.es starting 20:30 (local time) tonight.
2. Richard interviewed at the Berlin Hobbit premiere on YouTube, thanks to RACentral.
1. Watch the livestream of the Berlin premiere on this website starting at 5.20pm (GMT) today. Click here and click the resize button in the bottom-right corner to make the window larger.
2. Video interviews online promoting The Hobbit: The Desolation of Smaug:
3. ClickOnline's article here focuses on Thorin and Thranduil with just a few quotes from Richard (not all specifically about Thranduil).
5. Huffington Post interview here. This interview is very odd (and that's all I have to say).
1. Valentina has posted four videos from last night's event at Waterstone's book shop and very entertaining they are too! Watch here from her YouTube page.
2. Jude Fisher author of The Visual Companion and host of last night's Waterstone's event has posted several pictures of Richard and Luke on her Facebook page. She tells me via twitter that a full interview with Richard and Luke will follow soon.
3. The New Zealand Herald's article 'The Hobbit's clash of the kings' features interviews with Richard and Lee Pace who plays Thranduil. Lots of comments about the beauty of NZ and wanting to retire there.
4. Another video from the LA press junket from TVsTalking Pictures: Richard talks about Thorin's character arc, the effect of his grandfather's legacy on Thorin, how Bilbo helps Thorin to understand himself, whether Richard is interested in producing or directing and using his knowledge of Shakespeare to play Thorin.
5. Squid has sent the photos below showing Thorin currently displayed in Orange County (click to enlarge). Also here is the poster that won the fan favourite competition in France, thanks to @faysaez33 for the tweet.
6. The Leicester Mercury have reported that Richard has donated some signed fan artwork for a charity auction raising money for the Loros hospice.
7. Entertainment Tonight's interview with the Hobbit stars on 'The Book of New Zealand' set is now online (pictures in the news 4th December).
8. Livestream from the Berlin premiere on Monday starts at 6.20pm (GMT+1)and will be shown on kinofans.com. I've also been told that this site will be able to show the livestream - watch for a link above Richard's picture on the home page.
9. All the pictures from the last few days that have been posted online publicly on Twitter and Facebook are in a new gallery: Hobbit DoS Promo Dec 2013 gallery.
1. Richard was on ITV Daybreak this morning (UK breakfast show) interviewed by Kate Garraway and John Stapleton. I have uploaded it in HD to YouTube.
3. New videos from the LA press junket:
4. MoviesComingSoon have posted a video some of which we've seen before, but it contains new clips where Richard is talking about The Desolation of Smaug. It looks like these clips were taken in 2011 and/or 2012 and will form part of the DVD extended features. Thanks to TEHI.
5. A funny article on The New Zealand Herald 'Hobbit cast confess to pinching props (and socks)'.
6. Richard and Luke Evans were in Waterstone's Piccadilly in London this evening and if you visit @WaterstonesPicc you will be able to read some of Richard's answers to questions and see some pictures. I'll put these in the gallery soon. This picture was tweeted by @ColouredSkies who has given me permission to post in the gallery - which I'm compiling now.
7. The latest clips from The Desolation of Smaug are all on YouTube here.
1. Peter Jackson has posted another video blog on his Facebook page. Richard appears very quickly twice between 0.08s and 0.10s, 2.14 and 6.52. Thanks Nino!
2. New videos from the two LA press junkets:
3. Richard and Luke Evans will participate in a Twitter Q&A tomorrow, Friday 6th, as announced by @HobbitMoviesUK. Send in questions to Richard using the hashtag #ASKTHORIN. Richard's Q&A will start at 3.55pm (GMT), click the link for more information.
4. An interview with Richard has appeared in an Austrian cinema magazine SKIP - click here to read. An English translation is coming soon. Thanks to on twitter.
5. Luke Evans and Richard travelled to the UK today. Luke posted this picture of the two of them (click to enlarge) before travelling and then announced they had landed safely (nice to know as we are currently experiencing terrible weather in the UK).
6. Richard will appear on ITV's Daybreak (UK) tomorrow morning at 8.25am. I will record this and upload it to YouTube later. Thanks to Annette and Lucy.
1. Peter Jackson, Evangeline Lilly and Richard Armitage participated in a Google+ hangout at 10.15am PT, 1.15pm ET, 6.15pm GMT today.
2. David Weiner of Entertainment Tonight has interviewed the Hobbit cast and said on twitter that his interviews will air on the channel on Thursday and Friday. Here he is with Richard in Beorn's chair on the set of 'The Book of New Zealand' in the Beverly Hilton Hotel. Another picture of the interview here and another here.
3. Watch a clip of a showdown between Thorin Oakenshield and Bard the Bowman in Laketown from The Hobbit: The Desolation of Smaug (HD) on YouTube.
4. The Hobbit cast talk about New Zealand at 'The Book of New Zealand' event. Richard appears first.
5. The Hobbit UK have 3 pairs of tickets to give away for Friday evening's sold out event at Waterstones Piccadilly in London which Richard will attend. Visit the Hobbit UK's facebook page to find out more.
1. Warner Bros. Pictures have posted the entire livestream on YouTube of last night's premiere black carpet event (the video lasts around 1 hour 20 minutes) including an interview with Richard which is at 50 minutes.
2. More videos from the event:
3. Pictures from the event:
4. A journalist (@GeekInc18) for Total Film Indonesia tweeted me (@RAnetdotcom) and RACentral today with news of her article about Richard. She pushed for a 3 page spread about Richard and that has appeared in the magazine - new pictures! She then posted an English translation on her personal blog and gave me permission to post the image below - click to enlarge. Note the caveats under the pictures and at the bottom of the blog article: this interview came from a roundtable press junket interview in New York, 2012, which is why it is almost the same as the interviews posted in Cinema Fanpage magazine (news 23rd November) and MaxMovie magazine (news 30th November).
5. A completely gratuitous article, but who can argue with socialitelife.com? "Orlando Bloom, Benedict Cumberbatch, Richard Armitage & more bring the super sexy to 'The Hobbit' premiere".
6. Evangeline Lilly has posted this picture of herself, Richard and Benedict Cumberbatch at a Cinemax interview on instagram.
1. The World Premiere of The Hobbit: The Desolation of Smaug starts tonight at 6.30pm PT, 9.30pm ET, 2.30am GMT (3rd Dec), 1.30pm Australian ET (3rd Dec). Time Zone Converter.
2. After receiving several enquiries about fanmail recently, particularly because Richard has relocated to the US for the time being, I contacted United Agents in London today asking for clarification. This is the official line on fanmail, so this information has not changed:
All fan mail, autograph and charitable requests should be sent to Richard Armitage care of our postal address (United Agents, 12-26 Lexington Street, London, W1F 0LE) . All autograph requests should including a stamped, self-addressed envelope for any reply. Only envelopes with the correct postage attached can be returned. Please do not sent money, cheques or vouchers.
3. Ilaria Urbinati has styled Richard Armitage again for the Hobbit premiere events. Her latest tweet shows a new picture of Richard with a description of the clothes. This picture is now in the Book of NZ gallery (image #9).
4. TheHobbitMovie on twitter have posted video of Richard from The Book of New Zealand event describing his favourite place in New Zealand (it's only a few seconds long).
5. Video from The Book of New Zealand has been posted on YouTube. Richard appears at 1:58 and 2:55. Video link changed to better quality version.
6. Richard and other Hobbit cast members were interviewed for Viva magazine Nov 26th, part of the Argentinian newspaper Clarin. Thanks to Lillianschild for the scans below and this English translation.
1. Tourism New Zealand's special installation 'The Book of New Zealand' opened at the Beverly Hilton Hotel in Beverly Hills, California and was attended by stars of The Hobbit. Representatives from TheOneRing.net, Middle-earth News and also our lovely Heather who has shared many pictures with us in the past (and a report) were there to take pictures and video. In attendance were Richard Armitage, Luke Evans, Peter Jackson, Aidan Turner, Dean O'Gorman, Evangeline Lilly and Martin Freeman. Heather confirmed that each cast member was asked a question - she has video and will hopefully post soon.
The special installation will be open to the public on 4th December for just five days and contains four film sets from The Desolation of Smaug that visitors can wander through to see sets and props up close.
2. New interview with Richard and Luke Evans in Nautilus magazine (Germany), posted on thorinoakenshield.net. Richard is asked about future projects but only mentions Into the Storm.
3. The January 2014 issue of SFX Magazine has a multi-page spread of interviews with cast about The Desolation of Smaug. The page with Richard is below (click to enlarge) with many thanks to Sweet-orange-sam who has posted the entire article on tumblr.
4. The new promo pictures from The Desolation of Smaug mentioned in the news 28th November below have been added to the Hobbit Stills gallery. Pictures 149-156 are new. Click 'original image' to see the full size.