- 120 guests
1. Peter Jackson has posted another video blog on his Facebook page. Richard appears very quickly twice between 0.08s and 0.10s, 2.14 and 6.52. Thanks Nino!
2. New videos from the two LA press junkets:
3. Richard and Luke Evans will participate in a Twitter Q&A tomorrow, Friday 6th, as announced by @HobbitMoviesUK. Send in questions to Richard using the hashtag #ASKTHORIN. Richard's Q&A will start at 3.55pm (GMT), click the link for more information.
4. An interview with Richard has appeared in an Austrian cinema magazine SKIP - click here to read. An English translation is coming soon. Thanks to on twitter.
5. Luke Evans and Richard travelled to the UK today. Luke posted this picture of the two of them (click to enlarge) before travelling and then announced they had landed safely (nice to know as we are currently experiencing terrible weather in the UK).
6. Richard will appear on ITV's Daybreak (UK) tomorrow morning at 8.25am. I will record this and upload it to YouTube later. Thanks to Annette and Lucy.
1. Peter Jackson, Evangeline Lilly and Richard Armitage participated in a Google+ hangout at 10.15am PT, 1.15pm ET, 6.15pm GMT today.
2. David Weiner of Entertainment Tonight has interviewed the Hobbit cast and said on twitter that his interviews will air on the channel on Thursday and Friday. Here he is with Richard in Beorn's chair on the set of 'The Book of New Zealand' in the Beverly Hilton Hotel. Another picture of the interview here and another here.
3. Watch a clip of a showdown between Thorin Oakenshield and Bard the Bowman in Laketown from The Hobbit: The Desolation of Smaug (HD) on YouTube.
4. The Hobbit cast talk about New Zealand at 'The Book of New Zealand' event. Richard appears first.
5. The Hobbit UK have 3 pairs of tickets to give away for Friday evening's sold out event at Waterstones Piccadilly in London which Richard will attend. Visit the Hobbit UK's facebook page to find out more.
1. Warner Bros. Pictures have posted the entire livestream on YouTube of last night's premiere black carpet event (the video lasts around 1 hour 20 minutes) including an interview with Richard which is at 1 hour 2 minutes.
2. More videos from the event:
3. Pictures from the event:
4. A journalist (@GeekInc18) for Total Film Indonesia tweeted me (@RAnetdotcom) and RACentral today with news of her article about Richard. She pushed for a 3 page spread about Richard and that has appeared in the magazine - new pictures! She then posted an English translation on her personal blog and gave me permission to post the image below - click to enlarge. Note the caveats under the pictures and at the bottom of the blog article: this interview came from a roundtable press junket interview in New York, 2012, which is why it is almost the same as the interviews posted in Cinema Fanpage magazine (news 23rd November) and MaxMovie magazine (news 30th November).
5. A completely gratuitous article, but who can argue with socialitelife.com? "Orlando Bloom, Benedict Cumberbatch, Richard Armitage & more bring the super sexy to 'The Hobbit' premiere".
6. Evangeline Lilly has posted this picture of herself, Richard and Benedict Cumberbatch at a Cinemax interview on instagram.
1. The World Premiere of The Hobbit: The Desolation of Smaug starts tonight at 6.30pm PT, 9.30pm ET, 2.30am GMT (3rd Dec), 1.30pm Australian ET (3rd Dec). Time Zone Converter.
2. After receiving several enquiries about fanmail recently, particularly because Richard has relocated to the US for the time being, I contacted United Agents in London today asking for clarification. This is the official line on fanmail, so this information has not changed:
All fan mail, autograph and charitable requests should be sent to Richard Armitage care of our postal address (United Agents, 12-26 Lexington Street, London, W1F 0LE) . All autograph requests should including a stamped, self-addressed envelope for any reply. Only envelopes with the correct postage attached can be returned. Please do not sent money, cheques or vouchers.
3. Ilaria Urbinati has styled Richard Armitage again for the Hobbit premiere events. Her latest tweet shows a new picture of Richard with a description of the clothes. This picture is now in the Book of NZ gallery (image #9).
4. TheHobbitMovie on twitter have posted video of Richard from The Book of New Zealand event describing his favourite place in New Zealand (it's only a few seconds long).
5. Video from The Book of New Zealand has been posted on YouTube. Richard appears at 1:58 and 2:55. Video link changed to better quality version.
6. Richard and other Hobbit cast members were interviewed for Viva magazine Nov 26th, part of the Argentinian newspaper Clarin. Thanks to Lillianschild for the scans below and this English translation.
1. Tourism New Zealand's special installation 'The Book of New Zealand' opened at the Beverly Hilton Hotel in Beverly Hills, California and was attended by stars of The Hobbit. Representatives from TheOneRing.net, Middle-earth News and also our lovely Heather who has shared many pictures with us in the past (and a report) were there to take pictures and video. In attendance were Richard Armitage, Luke Evans, Peter Jackson, Aidan Turner, Dean O'Gorman, Evangeline Lilly and Martin Freeman. Heather confirmed that each cast member was asked a question - she has video and will hopefully post soon.
The special installation will be open to the public on 4th December for just five days and contains four film sets from The Desolation of Smaug that visitors can wander through to see sets and props up close.
2. New interview with Richard and Luke Evans in Nautilus magazine (Germany), posted on thorinoakenshield.net. Richard is asked about future projects but only mentions Into the Storm.
3. The January 2014 issue of SFX Magazine has a multi-page spread of interviews with cast about The Desolation of Smaug. The page with Richard is below (click to enlarge) with many thanks to Sweet-orange-sam who has posted the entire article on tumblr.
4. The new promo pictures from The Desolation of Smaug mentioned in the news 28th November below have been added to the Hobbit Stills gallery. Pictures 149-156 are new. Click 'original image' to see the full size.
1. Sad news that AudioGo Ltd have gone into administration. They were the ONLY seller of the fantastic Lords of the North audiobook and although copies do appear on eBay occasionally, they will probably be second-hand copies. According to this news Audible.co.uk have bought the rights to many of AudioGo's titles - let's hope they had the sense to buy Lords of the North!
2. A scan of the MaxMovie December 2013 interview, mentioned in the news 26th November below, has been sent to me from Veloce, together with an English translation. This interview is very similar to the Cinema Fanpage (Italian magazine) posted in the news on 23rd November - press junket perhaps or the magazines are sharing interviews. Click the image below to enlarge. Thank you very much Veloce!
3. A donation of £251.87 has been made to the British Red Cross Typhoon Haiyan Appeal today from referral fees paid to this site from Amazon.co.uk, Amazon.com and Amazon.de. Thank you very much for using the Amazon links on the home page of this site to earn referral fees for charity. Further details of how referral fees are accured are here.
2. Richard will be attending an event at Waterstone's book shop in Piccadilly, London on Friday 6th December, however the event sold out within a couple of hours of being announced this morning. There were only 100 tickets, but a few lucky fans have already tweeted that they will be attending - have fun ladies!
3. The photographer Leslie Hassler who took the photos that appeared in NY Moves magazine has posted images from the magazine spread on her Facebook page. Click to enlarge and read. This article first appeared in the news 16 November below.
1. Klatsch-Tratsch has announced that Richard Armitage will be attending the European premiere of The Hobbit: The Desolation of Smaug on 9th December 2013 in Berlin, along with Peter Jackson, Martin Freeman, Evangeline Lilly, Luke Evans and Benedict Cumberbatch!
2. Some new pictures of Richard have been posted in the Korean MaxMovie magazine, December 2013 issue. Scans have been posted on tumblr as follows:
If anyone has a copy and is able to translate into English, please email me and I will share on this site. Thank you.
The second part of Greendragon's interview with Richard has been posted on TheOneRing.net. It sounds like the cast will probably be heading back to New Zealand again next year for more pick-ups!
1. North and South in Italy: a reminder that the LaEffe channel will show North and South for the first time on Italian television tonight at 22:00h. Click the link to see when the episode is repeated.
2. North and South in Austria and Germany: Servus TV are showing the four episodes of North and South again starting on Friday 29 November at 12:50h. Thanks to Michaela.
1. Greendragon of TheOneRing.net has interviewed Richard before in Toronto and in London, but she got another chance last week and part 1 of her interview is here. We are still waiting for more of this interview to be released.
2. Another interview clip with Andrew Lincoln and Richard aired after Strike Back: Origins aired on Cinemax last night. Thanks RACentral: watch the clip on YouTube.
3. An Italian online film site, Cinema Fanpage, has interviewed Richard about The Desolation of Smaug and Christina and Lucia have kindly provided an English translation here. Richard states that his working relationship with Peter Jackson developed this year during pick ups:
"I think the trust between us grew stronger. There has always been trust, but I think it is more evident when you shoot with someone a second time. He worked even more meticulously. We found shortcuts to many things because I was able to perfectly understand what he wanted without him needing to say it."
4. An orchestra record the film score for Into The Storm and Richard, playing Gary Morris, appears on the big screen at the back in this picture tweeted by producer Todd Garner on 20 November.
1. Warner Bros. UK Trailers have posted several videos from the extended edition of The Hobbit: An Unexpected Journey on YouTube. There are of course lots more featurettes on the Extended DVD or Bluray. Please use the Amazon links on the home page if you wish to buy it via Amazon, as this will earn commission which I will pay to one of Richard's four charities.
2. I have had a request to donate one or more of the latest Amazon payments to a charity supporting the recent Philippines typhoon disaster, which I think is an excellent idea - I thought the British Red Cross. Please leave a comment on the home page if you have an opinion about this, it's your generous use of the links on my site that will fund this and payments to other charities.
3. The poster of Thorin was chosen overwhelmingly as the winner of Warner Bros. France's competition and will feature in the poster campaign around the streets of Paris. If you see any posters around, I'd love to see some pictures and will post them here - please email me. Read more from Allocine. Thanks to Nadia.
4. Richard will be attending the world premiere of The Hobbit: The Desolation of Smaug with many other cast members on Monday 2nd December, as confirmed by Middle Earth News.
The photo agency Getty Images have posted some new pictures of Richard taken by photographer Leslie Hassler in New York on 4th October 2013. Several pictures from this photoshoot have appeared in the online interview by NY Moves magazine (click the image arrow top right to see more pictures and scroll down to read the interview - it's a bit different!).
There are details in the news below (4th October) regarding @NYMoves tweets about interviewing Richard. The image of Richard behind the scenes in this photoshoot was posted on twitter and subsequently in my gallery, but the interviewer decide to protect her account so the image is no longer available, or on this site.
The changes to my gallery are mentioned in my reply to lillianschild on 15th November in the home page comments on this site. Please read for more info and also the link to RAFrenzy's blog which explains the issue much more eloquently than I can. Although I cannot reply to all emails right now, comments left on this site are quick and easy to reply to and ensure that similar enquiries are answered simultaneously. Thank you for your support, I really do appreciate it.
A reminder that you can also leave comments on the RichardArmitageNet Facebook page.
It was announced today that Richard Armitage and Luke Evans, who plays Bard the Bowman in The Hobbit: The Desolation of Smaug will attend the Madrid premiere of the film on 11 December 2013. They will also attend an award ceremony on 12 December in the city. More information (in Spanish) here. Watch the event online from 1900h that day on Los40.com.
1. Places to buy the magazines that feature recent Richard Armitage interviews:
If there are other retail outlets selling these magazines online, please leave a comment on the home page and I will add to this list.
2. As mentioned in yesterday's news there is a new Hobbit scrolling banner. I've added this to the Hobbit Stills gallery, with thanks to Bccmee. Click 'original image' to see the full size - it's worth seeing! Also the next picture in the gallery is a close up of Thorin from this banner.
3. The latest issue of the French magazine L'Ecran Fantastique has an article about Into the Storm with a picture of Richard (seen before - see the Into the Storm gallery).
Click the thumbnail below. Thank you to Joane.
English translation by me (apologies for any errors):
IN THE EYE OF THE STORM
A tornados found footage version.
Produced by New Line and Warner, the thriller Black Sky from Steven Quale, a mockumentary of high-school pupils caught in a trap of a terrible hurricane has just had a title change, having been launched under the name Category 6 then Tornado, it is now (definitely?) called Into the Storm. It will be released on August 8, 2014 in the USA. Richard Armitage portrays a widowed father trying to save his son following a series of tornadoes in the space of a single day, ravaging the city of Silverton. The entire city is at the mercy of the deadly cyclones, so that even stormhunters foretell that the worst is yet to come ... told through the eyes of the thrill seekers and courageous townspeople, the film is supposed to jump straight into the eye of the storm.
4. Exclusive content via Denny's from Warner Bros - Beorn's House on YouTube - featuring clips of all the dwarves and the actor who plays Beorn, Mikael Persbrandt. Spoilers about the character of Beorn and shots of the set. Some of these clips were previously seen in Peter Jackson's video production diaries.
5. Another interview clip with Richard Armitage and Andrew Lincoln shown on US TV after Strike Back: Origins was shown on Friday night. Thanks to RACentral for uploading to YouTube.
A scrolling banner for The Desolation of Smaug has been posted on the Entertainment Weekly site. I will add this to the gallery soon. EW posted a similar banner for An Unexpected Journey on 9th July 2012. Here is the 2012 news archive: scroll down to the 9th July to see it.
1. Esquire UK's December 2013 issue features several photos of Richard looking very Bond-esque and a short interview in which he says he's looking for a part in US television: "They ask you to commit to six years on a US show, though. I would have to be fascinated by the subject matter and really want to play a part for all that time."
UPDATE Clarification on copyright: I have been informed that posting images on this site from scans of the magazine article is acceptable. Posting photographer's images from photoshoots is not acceptable unless the pictures have been donated to the site from the copyright owner.
2. Two sets of new Hobbit posters appeared on the 'net last night, some really fantastic artwork in this bunch:
The new posters of Thorin are now in the Hobbit Stills gallery.
1. After the Hobbit fan event, Warner Bros presented a 3 minute 'sneak peak' of new footage from The Desolation of Smaug, which is currently showing at the start of the live-streaming on the home page. You can also watch it here on YouTube.
2. Here are two videos showing Richard Armitage and Orlando Bloom interviewed by journalists after the Hobbit fan event last night: video 1 and video 2. And here are several pictures of the pair on the JustJared site.
4. Here is Production Diary 12 from Peter Jackson posted on his Facebook page.
1. I'm pleased to announce that you can watch the live-streaming Hobbit fan event from this website tonight at 10pm (UK), 2pm (US PT), 5pm (US ET). The live-streaming window is on the home page. Note there is a link underneath to watch in a bigger window if you prefer.
3. TheHobbitMovie twitter account have posted a new Desolation of Smaug poster, together with their reminder of tonight's event. I've added this to the Hobbit Stills gallery. Click 'original image' for full size and spot the shape in the pipe smoke!
2. Seven new banners have been posted on to The Hobbit Movie Facebook page, and of course I've added the stunning picture of Thorin to the Hobbit Stills gallery. Click 'original image' in the bottom right corner to see the full size.
1. Warner Bros UK have just posted a new video on YouTube, in which Richard announces that tickets for The Hobbit: The Desolation of Smaug are now available (this is true for the UK but not all countries). I can verify this as I've just bought mine! Click here to find tickets at your preferred cinema.
2. Richard was mistaken for the US politician on a Korean news site today - this would not normally qualify for inclusion on this news page, but it's so funny I had to mention it. Thank you to @sekert1 for tweeting this to me and attaching the photo as proof. Gone are the days when references to the politican would appear whenever you google RA's name.
3. How to watch the Hobbit fan event via live streaming: the official announcement states that the Hobbit YouTube page is the place to watch the Q&A and exclusive footage, and there is more information on TheOneRing.net's site.
1. Fmovie magazine (Singapore) spoke to Richard Armitage, Orlando Bloom and Lee Pace in New York earlier this year and their November 2013 issue has plenty of pages covering those interviews, with pictures and a report from the NY press event. Click the thumbnails below to read all the pages that contain quotes from Richard. As with Empire magazine yesterday, I've added the pictures to the Hobbit Stills gallery.
2. New poster showing Thorin, Fili and Kili added to the Hobbit Stills gallery. Click 'original image' to see full size.
1. Empire magazine's December 2013 issue contains a set report from New Zealand, an interview with Richard and a few new photographs. I've scanned in all parts of the interview that contain Richard including quotes from him in the article - click the thumbnails below to enlarge. Pictures from the magazine have been scanned in and are at the end of the Hobbit Stills gallery. There are now 137 images in this gallery - press F5 if you cannot see all the images, and click on 'original image' to see the full size of an image in the gallery.
2. Two charity payments have been made today to the Salvation Army from Amazon UK referral fees, and to the DEBRA charity that Richard supported (news archive 5 August 2013) from Amazon.de referral fees as suggested by Jeanne.
1. The Italian movie magazine Best Movie has a multi-page article on The Desolation of Smaug including a short interview with Richard. See the full article here on flickr. The interview scan with Richard is below - click to enlarge - and click here for an English translation. With thanks to Cristina.
2. Empire magazine have four limited edition covers to choose from including a glorious cover featuring Thorin Oakenshield. All four covers will be available in UK shops this Thursday. I will post scans when I get my copy. Still waiting for information on how to order the Thorin issue online - I will post details here if I discover how to order it. This cover now added to the Hobbit Stills gallery.
3. MI-5/Spooks on PBA 30 in Atlanta, GA: season 8 starts tonight at 10.00pm. Thanks to Mary.
4. George Gently in Germany: Richard will appear in the first episode of George Gently on the ZDF channel on 31st October at 00:45. Programme information here. Thanks to Claudia.
1. Another interview clip with Richard Armitage and Strike Back director Dan Percival was shown on Cinemax on Friday night, also including co-star Andrew Lincoln. Thanks to RACentral for posting the clip. See news below on 19th October for the first clip.
3. There's a fantastic Desolation of Smaug poster featuring Thorin and Bilbo on several poster sites - see GBPosters here or shop around for other deals. Thanks to Ingrid.
1. TheOneRing.net are giving away several hundred tickets to one of four venues for the exclusive Hobbit live fan event announced yesterday. You can enter the competition to try to win a pair of tickets to the event in Wellington, Los Angeles, New York (where Richard will be) or Toronto (note - no cast members announced for that venue). See yesterday's news for more details of the event.
2. Ingrid has now provided us with higher resolution images from the German Desolation of Smaug calendar. There are eight new images starting with this one and she has also sent an image of a new bookmark featuring Thorin Oakenshield. Click 'original image' to see the full size of these images. Thanks Ingrid!
1. As you will see in the news 23rd October below, iTunes have released the extended edition of The Hobbit very early in comparison with the worldwide release of the DVD and Bluray disc. Many of you will be aware that pictures and extracts of the extra features are appearing all over twitter, facebook, tumblr etc and perhaps like me, you are also trying to avoid spoilers. I am very much looking forward to watching the extra footage in the film and the extra features when my Bluray arrives and so I will not be posting links to pictures, gifs or reviews of any part of the Extended Edition on this website until it is released in the UK (11th November, according to Amazon). To that end, I must please ask you not to email me with pictures, gifs or links as I am trying not to look. Thank you.
2. North and South in Italy: the LaEffe channel will show North and South for the first time on Italian television starting 24th November at 22:00. Thank you for all the emails and tweets about this.
3. Richard will appear as John Porter in Strike Back: Origins tonight on Cinemax at 22:00 in the US. See news 19th October below for a clip of Richard talking about playing Porter. There have been a couple of great reviews of the series and Richard's performance, to coincide with Cinemax's showing tonight: HitFix, Hotextract and RedEyeChicago. I'm ignoring the less complimentary review from the NY Times - you can find that one if you wish!
4. Peter Jackson has announced an exciting live event which will take place on Monday 4th November at 2.00PT/5.00ET (US) which is 10.00pm in the UK. For full details released so far about the event click here.
5. Here's a new video on youtube showing Richard promoting The Hobbit: An Unexpected Journey extended edition.
1. New pictures from the Official The Desolation of Smaug calendar from Germany have been sent to me from Ingrid and also she has sent images of a Desolation of Smaug board game, all of which contain brand new pictures of the dwarves, and of course Thorin Oakenshield. The new pictures are all on page 5 of the Hobbit Stills gallery (press F5 if you cannot see 24 images on this page) and when you click on a picture, make sure you choose 'original image' to see the full size. Many thanks again to Ingrid for sharing these images. Higher quality versions of the calendar pictures will be posted very soon.
2. The Hobbit: An Unexpected Journey extended edition is now available on iTunes. I checked a few different regional stores and it appears to be available in the UK, US, Canada and Australia, but not in France or Netherlands so perhaps it hasn't yet reached Europe apart from the UK. Obviously I didn't check all countries so please check yours for availability.
3. Just added a new picture of Thorin to the Hobbit Stills gallery, showing the moment he finds the sword Orcrist in the Trolls' cave from An Unexpected Journey.
1. Total Film have posted a clip on youtube from The Hobbit: An Unexpected Journey extended DVD extras, showing Graham McTavish and Richard Armitage practising their stunt moves. Thanks to Danielle. Sorry this clip has been removed, but it's now here (though maybe not for long!)
2. The New Zealand post office have again released Hobbit related stamps as they did last year, to coincide with the release of the film this December. Click here for the starter page, and then view other sets by clicking one of the links under 'Jump to type of product', for example, this is the self-adhesive booklet. Thanks to Liz.
3. Dark Horizons have released their second Hobbit set report which took place in July 2012. There are several quotes from Richard, some of which we've read previously including the same reference to the barrels that appeared in the HitFix interview (news on 17th October below), but this report from Dark Horizon is lengthy and there is plenty of new information relating to the second film. There are no new pictures, but there are details about action sequences in case you want to avoid spoilers.
An interview with Richard and Strike Back director Daniel Percival about the first series, that Cinemax are renaming Strike Back Origins, is now on the Cinemax website. The series will air in the US on Friday 25th October at 10.00pm. The interview took place in London on 2nd October according to Sean McNulty, Cinemax Executive Producer, who tweeted about it here.
I'll post screencaps from this interview soon. The interview is also here on youtube.
Richard describes some of the challenges the actors faced when filming the barrel scene in The Desolation of Smaug, in a new interview published by HitFix. I suspect this interview took place during filming in 2011, as we now know the actors decided to have dwarf rings instead of tattoos.
Another article just released by IGN describes the barrel scene but there is no interview with Richard.
A new Desolation of Smaug banner has been released from Warner Bros. today showing key characters from the second film in the Hobbit trilogy including Thorin, Fili and Kili. I have added the banner to the gallery - click 'original image' in the bottom right corner and then click on the image to see its full size. The next image in the gallery is a close up of just the three dwarves.
1. Added the two pictures from Click Online's recent blog posts (news 1st and 4th October) to the Miscellaneous gallery.
2. Click Online have revealed another answer to a non-Hobbit related question when they asked Richard about his watch. Read more here.
Two posts from TheOneRing.net worth mentioning today:
1. There are now 'clean' versions of all the Desolation of Smaug posters in XL size. I've added the picture that includes Thorin to the Hobbit Stills gallery (click 'original image' to see the full size).
2. A very interesting 3 page interview with Jed Brophy who plays Nori in The Hobbit, answering a variety of questions about his career and of course specific mention of working on The Hobbit. There are two references to Richard in the interview, including:
"I was lucky enough to train alongside Richard Armitage a lot during the early part of the shoot and again on location, and he inspired me to train the hardest I ever have for anything. He is so strong mentally and physically and like his character I felt compelled to follow him."
1. The winners of the RAnet competition have been selected at random using the the random.org generator from 408 entries. Rachel from Australia has won 1st prize: the Hobbit DVD, the magazines and the book. Erica has won 2nd prize: the Entertainment Weekly magazine and TheOneRing.net's Hobbit Collector's Edition. Congratulations to them both! Thank you all 408 for entering - it was a fantastic response - and thanks again to those who generously donated the prizes.
2. Hobbitfilm.it have published pictures from the 2014 Hobbit desk diary which show new pictures of some of the Hobbit characters. The two new pictures of Thorin are now at the end of the Hobbit Stills gallery.
3. Website problems: apologies for the short downtime today which was due to a high server load on my site. This has been caused by 2 factors - spam attacks and hotlinking. I've put some measures in place to work on the spam problem but I've discovered that there are at least 6 bloggers who are directly linking images or media files from my site to theirs, rather than uploading the files directly to their wordpress server. If you are a blogger, website owner, tumblr user, pinterest, etc please could you check that you have not directly linked to images/media files on the site as it will result in this site being taken down by my server hosts as happened today.
Further info as a result from emails received: any image/sound/video file stored on a blog where the full URL starts with http://www.richardarmitagenet.com/etc is a hotlink and drains my bandwidth. For those asking, yes I've had hotlink protection on my site via my host's cpanel for years but it seems it wasn't working. I added an extra layer of security last night and today was told about specific code to edit my htaccess file (website owners will know this specifies access control to your site) so I'm working on the problem. If the site goes down again, please be patient as I'll be working on it. Thanks!
1. Release dates for Into the Storm: according to IMDB, but as yet unconfirmed by Warner Bros., the UK release date for the tornado thriller is 22 August 2014 (coincidentally Richard's birthday). This is also the date listed on the Film Distributors' Association site so 22nd August sounds a likely date for the UK. The release date for Spain is 14th August 2014 as tweeted by @RentrakSpain, an Entertainment reporting site. Thanks to @ForoRArmitage for passing this on. The film will be released in the US on 8th August 2014. I will post news of other worldwide release dates as soon as they are revealed.
2. Last day of the huge giveaway competition: a reminder that the competition closes tonight at midnight UK time. You can win 6 magazines, a Hobbit DVD and a novel. Click here to enter. Please read all the competition rules and terms and conditions before entering. Thank you.
3. Following the clip of Richard introducing the second Hobbit film listed in the news 1st October, there is a similar but higher quality clip posted on this polish film site: film.onet.pl or here on youtube. Thanks to Ania. Fans of Lee Pace and Luke Evans might like to watch this introductory clip on youtube.
4. Click Online have published a second answer from their recent interview with Richard in London, stating what he is currently reading. Most of their questions concerned The Hobbit: The Desolation of Smaug and they don't have permission from the filmmakers to publish this interview yet, hence these teasers (see the first answer in the news 1st October).
5. Richard has been interviewed today in New York and took part in a photoshoot. The image is now unavailable via twitter as the interviewer has protected her twitter account, however the magazine has mentioned the interview here. The interview will appear in NY Moves magazine published in early November.
1. Click Online have offered a funny teaser from their recent interview with Richard in London by answering a question about whether Richard prefers cats or dogs. Read the answer here. Richard gives the answer via pictures!
The Warner Bros. Czech youtube site has a video of Richard introducing the trailer, unfortunately the aspect ratio is wrong but I'm happy to say that 'tehi' has uploaded a corrected version here. Martin Freeman's funny intro is here.
Screencaps of Richard introducing the trailer are here in the gallery.
3. Strike Back on Cinemax Latin America: on Saturday 5th October Cinemax Latin America will show Strike Back series 1 episode 4 Zimbabwe part 2 at 22:30 and episode 5 Afghanistan part 1 at 23:30. The last episode in the series will be shown on Saturday 12th October at 22:30. Thanks to lillianschild.
4. Richard has been voted number 18 in Empire magazine's list of the 100 Sexiest Movie Stars, as voted by their readers. They (correctly) identified The Hobbit, North and South, Guy of Gisborne and Richard's voice as reasons he was voted - sounds about right to me!
1. The next trailer for The Hobbit: The Desolation of Smaug will be released online tomorrow at various major sites between 1-1.15pm UK GMT tomorrow, which is 5.00am US PST and 10.00pm Australian EST. Keep an eye on the Warner Bros. channel on youtube and the Apple Trailers site as well as other major movie news sites as this is where trailers have been released in the past. This information from Dark Horizons.
2. Cinemax have published a trailer for Strike Back: Origins which is what they are calling the original first series of Strike Back that aired in the UK in 2010, starring Richard as John Porter. Watch the trailer here. The series premieres on Cinemax on Friday 25th October at 10pm.
1. Four new pictures of Richard as Thorin Oakenshield are on the Official Hobbit Desolation of Smaug 2014 calendar and have been kindly scanned and sent to us from Ingrid. They are now on page 5 of the Hobbit Stills gallery, or click the thumbnails below.
2. Richard on German and Austrian TV: German channel ZDF Neo will be showing Spooks on Monday 30th September at 23:45. According to the description on the Austrian tele.at site they will be showing series 7 which includes Lucas North of course. Also Captain America: The First Avenger is on SF2 on 28th September at 8.00pm, Pro7 on 6th October at 8.15pm and the ORF1 channel on 7th October at 8.15pm. Thanks to Michaela for all this info.
3. TheOneRing.net have reported that the second trailer for The Hobbit: The Desolation of Smaug will be released very soon, maybe even next week. Read more here.
The author of the Clickonlineblog on tumblr has stated that they will be attending a Hobbit press junket on Saturday in London that will include Richard. You can suggest questions for Richard on the blog that they might be able to ask. If you do not have a tumblr account but are on twitter instead, you can send a question via @Clickonline_ using #askthorin as per this tweet.
1. The Hollywood Reporter have confirmed the title for the found footage tornado film and the release date: Into the Storm will be released 8th August 2014 in the US. Worldwide release dates not yet known. I will now replace all page headings on this site referring to Black Sky to the new title!
1. Richard attended the BAFTA LA TV Tea Party yesterday at the SLS Hotel in Beverly Hills, California, an event held annually the night before the Emmy Awards to celebrate British influence in Hollywood. This article on Just Jared includes Richard's name in their headline. Pictures can be found in the BAFTA LA Tea Party gallery on this site. The lady in yellow is Lara Pulver, who played Gisborne's sister in Robin Hood. More pictures have been added since first writing this news - thanks to German RA forum for finding pic #11.
Update: pics 14-20 have been added to the gallery with thanks to Cesta and also for larger version of #10.
2. According to Nathan Kress, co-star of Black Sky/Into the Storm, filming wrapped on 19th September and they still haven't decided on the name. A reminder that we have a poll about the name of the film on the left-hand side.
1. The Hobbit in Russia: the TNT channel will be showing The Hobbit: An Unexpected Journey today at 8pm and then repeat it on Sunday 22nd at 1pm. Thanks to GiztheGunslinger and Svetlana.
2. Robin Hood in Belgium: series 3 episodes 5 and 6 will be shown next Saturday 28th September starting at 14:25 on Belgian Channel La Deux, and further episodes will be shown on the next few Saturdays (but it's not in the schedule today). Thanks to Nadia.
3. A donation to Childline of £259.18 was made today from referral fees paid to this site from Amazon.co.uk and Amazon.com. Thank you very much for using the Amazon links on the home page of this site to earn referral fees for charity. Further details of how referral fees are accured are here.
4. A huge giveaway competition has been launched today on this site, offering 6 magazines, a Hobbit DVD and a novel. Click here to enter. Please read all the competition rules and terms and conditions before entering. Thank you.
5. Robin Hood in the US: a reminder that the INSP channel will broadcast Robin Hood tomorrow in a marathon showing, starting at 6.00pm ET with episode 1.
6. The Hobbit in Sweden: the C More Hits broadcaster in Sweden is showing The Hobbit today at 8pm and again on Thursday 26th at the same time. Thanks to Ingela.
Todd Garner, the producer of Black Sky/Into the Storm has posted several pictures via his twitter account in the last few days including three of Richard. I've added the new additions to the Black Sky Stills gallery - note they are not very clear but these are teaser shots! The cast and crew are currently filming additional footage for the film - see Nathan Kress' tweet here.
1. The Hobbit: An Unexpected Journey in Germany: Sky will be showing this film on Sunday 20th October at 8.15pm in high definition, which they are announcing as an exclusive TV premiere. You can read this news and information about when they are showing the Lord of the Rings trilogy on this financial news website. Thanks to Bee.
2. Robin Hood on BBC Entertainment: here is a schedule of broadcast times for Robin Hood on the BBC Entertainment channel. Check your country's listings for confirmation of the schedule. Thanks to Monika.
3. There is a new poll on the left-hand side referring to the possible name change of the movie Black Sky to Into The Storm (rumours started after this interview with the screenwriter John Swetnam). I thought it might be fun to see what people think of both of these names, so please cast your vote on the left.
Thank you so much for all 2127 votes in the previous poll. The same question was asked in 2010 and the results are here - the main difference is that the top two categories are swapped. There are more visitors to this site these days, but I guess we're all slightly older now!
Strike Back series 1 in Germany: RTL2 will be showing Strike Back on the 15th and 21st September in the early hours of the morning. Click here for schedule information. Thanks to Nino and Sabine for this info.
According to HitFix.com, Cinemax in the US will show the first UK series of Strike Back, starring Richard as John Porter, after the current season ends this autumn/fall. Good news for US Cinemax viewers! If Canadians have any information whether this will air on Cinemax in Canada too, please let me know.
Update: Highlighthollywood.com have reported that Strike Back: Origins, as the original UK series will be called, will air on October 25th on Cinemax.
1. Robin Hood in the US: the INSP channel will show Robin Hood on September 22 at 6.00pm ET. The trailer on their site shows all 3 seasons so I assume they will start the series from the first episode. Lots of emails about this, thank you all.
2. Another new Spooks behind the scenes picture with thanks to Jonia, posted on her blog, and now uploaded to the Spooks gallery here. Also series9-63 is now larger - click 'original image' to see the full size.
3. Spooks in Australia: thanks to KatharineD for letting us know that Spooks series 9 has just been added to BBC iPlayer in Australia. Series 1-9 are currently available for viewing.