Empire magazine has a 7 page article describing a recent visit to the set of The Hobbit. Scans are below, click to enlarge:
1. Entertainment Weekly released the first images from The Hobbit this week (see news 23 June) and below are scans from the print edition of the magazine with comments from director Peter Jackson. He tells us that the paper Bilbo is holding is the contract between himself and the dwarves, the original Bag End is now a guesthouse and the dwarves are a ‘crazy ensemble’.
Many thanks to Bccmee for these scans. To view, click the images below then click again to zoom in further.
2. Two more fantastic drawings from Joane are on the Artwork page, one of John Thornton and one of Richard as himself. Thanks Joane!
3. More quality artwork on the site with many thanks to mybeckett as follows (click the thumbnail images to enlarge to full size):
4. A stuntman who worked on the first series of Strike Back has answered a few questions about filming the production on the Strike Back Facebook page. His latest question refers directly to working with Richard. Thanks for the link via twitter from Bccmee.
5. Empire magazine has released a couple of photos from their article about The Hobbit, one of which is another picture of Bilbo and the dwarves but slightly clearer than the Entertainment Weekly picture. The magazine is published tomorrow and I will post a scan on this site. The new image is below (click to enlarge) from the Hobbit Stills gallery.
6. Robin Hood series 1 in Italy: the Italia 1 channel is showing series 1 on Sundays at 4.55pm. This Sunday they are showing episode 3, which has been retitled ‘The Nightwatchman’. Thanks to LadyCassia for the information.
1. George Gently in Norway: the first episode of this series, co-starring Richard as Ricky Deeming is showing tonight on NRK1 at 23:20. Thanks to MillyMe.
2. The new Captain America trailer is now on the official movie site. Click ‘Video’ and then ‘Theatrical Trailer’ for the latest one. See news below 24 June for more links.
3. Bccmee completed her challenge to create a graphic every day in May, inspired by the picture of the day on this website. The rest of her creations are now listed below and all of them plus explanations of how they were created are on her blog. Thanks B!
- 2 Richard Armitage wallpapers (the last two on this page in 2 different sizes)
- a Lucas North wallpaper (the last one on this page in 3 different sizes)
- a Richard Armitage CBeebies signature (#9)
- a John Thornton signature (#3)
- two Lucas North signatures (#11 and #12)
- three Guy of Gisborne signatures (#5-7)
- a Monet signature
- a Ricky Deeming signature
- 3 John Porter signatures (#15-17)
5. Strike Back series 1 in New Zealand: series 1 will air on Thursday 7th July at 8.30pm on Prime. There is a good review in the Otago Daily Times, which describes the series as a “guilty pleasure”.
1. The UK film magazine Empire will run a feature on The Hobbit in the next issue out June 30th – more details here.
“Personally invited onto the set barely a month into production, Empire delightedly watched a film — two films — already in full swing. Thirteen cantankerous dwarves, one barely tolerant wizard, and a befuddled hobbit are seen arriving at the gates of Rivendell and sneered at by local elves. Jackson assures us he is once again reaching for the mighty spectacle of Lord Of The Rings, but also bringing a certain ‘Hobbity-ness’ all its own. “The tone is actually the part of it I’m enjoying the most,” he laughs, casting a fond eye upon his rabble of exotic dwarves, clattering about set like they own the place. “They have a healthy disregard for the icons of Middle-earth.”
2. Two Captain America images have been replaced in the Captain America Stills gallery: numbers 3 & 4 are now larger. To see the larger size, click ‘download original’ underneath each picture. Thanks to Bccmee for finding these.
3. Spooks (MI-5) series 8 today in France: episode 7 will be shown at 3.20pm today and episode 8 will be shown straight afterwards at 4.10pm on Canal+ Cinema. Thanks to Joane.
1. A new Captain America trailer has been released, and Bccmee has provided a transcription and closed captioned the video on her blog. You can also watch it in full HD from that link. There is a new brief clip of Richard as Heinz Kruger in the trailer. The screencaps have been added to the CA Trailer gallery (last 3 images courtesy of Bccmee).
2. New poll on the left-hand side. What do you think of the way Thorin looks? Previous poll results are here.
3. The new picture of Bilbo, Thorin and the dwarves plus close ups have been added to the Hobbit Stills gallery.
4. Recognise magazine has posted a behind the scenes picture on Facebook from their recent photoshoot of Richard Armitage (see news #2 yesterday for more info). The photo caption states there will be a full interview and photoshoot in the August issue. They posted a second picture on Facebook a few hours later.
5. The Biography has been updated with the latest news and new pictures.
1. The first pictures have emerged from the set of The Hobbit, showing Bilbo inside his home Bag End, with a number of dwarves in the background! That’s Richard Armitage as Thorin Oakenshield sitting at the head of the table by the way.
Click the picture below to enlarge:
Three pictures have been released by Entertainment Weekly.
Here’s a close up (sorry I couldn’t resist). Izabelanna has lighted the shadows in the 2nd picture – we’ll do anything to get this picture a little clearer! Click the pictures to enlarge.
2. Richard was photographed for Recognise magazine on 14th June (the journalist posted on twitter), and the magazine has since confirmed that the article will appear in the next issue (issue #9) which is out in August. The photoshoot was also videoed and that will appear online shortly before the magazine is available.
Robin Hood on PBS Atlanta: series 1 is showing on Monday nights at 8pm on PBA 30 Atlanta, starting last Monday so episode 2 will be on Monday 27 June. Thanks to Renee.
The documentary 125 Years of Wimbledon is now available to UK residents on BBC iPlayer. I’ve put a couple of clips on this site which are also available to download, on the 125 Years of Wimbledon page.
George Gently tonight in Germany: ZDF Neo will show the episode of George Gently with Richard playing Ricky Deeming at 20:15 tonight. Thanks to Bee.
1. Richard will be narrating a documentary on BBC2 this Sunday at 8pm to commemorate 125 years of Wimbledon Tennis Championships. Here is the BBC2 programme information and it was also announced on the United Agents site (news item now withdrawn from the UA site).
2. Robin Hood series 3 in Australia: ABC1 are showing Robin Hood series 3, starting this Sunday at 5.40pm.
3. Extracts from the three Georgette Heyer audiobooks and The Lords of the North audiobook have been added to a new sounds page, which you can find under the multimedia page or here: Audiobook Extracts. These clips are also available for download on that page. With thanks to Stella for helping me choose the clips.
1. Richard on TV in Hungary: the first and second parts of North and South will be shown on the Story4 channel on Saturday 25th June at 6.00pm. Miss Marple: Ordeal by Innocence will be shown on the Story4 channel on Sunday 26th June at 1.50pm. Here’s a link with more details. Thanks to Zsuzsanna.
2. Lady Prisca has submitted two more excellent pencil drawings, one of Richard as himself and one of Lucas North. There is a comments box at the bottom of the Artwork page if you’d like to leave feedback.
There have been some updates to some screencap galleries, all now in the new format. If you want to see the full size image (which is often larger), click ‘download original’ at the bottom of the screen. Details as follows:
- New Ultimate Force stills gallery (thanks to Anna for some of these pictures)
- Update to Strike Back Premiere gallery with 7 new photos
- Update to Varekai Gala gallery with 1 extra photo and 1 larger
- An extra picture of Richard Armitage and Orla Brady found on a European TV site added to the end of this page on the Strike Back Promo gallery.
1. Strike Back in Norway: Strike Back series 1 will be shown again in Norway on channel NRK starting Thursday 16 June at 11.25pm. The next 2 episodes will be shown the following two Thursdays at 11.15pm. Thanks to Bccmee.
2. MemorableTV.com have launched a competition to win a REGION 4 copy of the Spooks series 9 DVD. To enter follow this link.
1. Updates have been made to the 2004 Promo gallery and the 2006 Sunday Times gallery, with larger and better quality images. To view the full size of an image, click ‘download original’ at the bottom of the screen.
2. Two extra behind the scenes pictures from The Vicar of Dibley 2006 Christmas Special have been added to the VOD Promo gallery, namely numbers 19 and 20 with thanks to Anna. Many of these pictures are quite large and the full size can be seen if you click ‘download original’.
3. A new Captain America trailer will be shown this evening at the Hero Complex Film Festival in Hollywood, look out for footage of that soon. Also a new vintage-style poster has appeared to promote the movie (click image below to enlarge). No picture of Richard but his name is fairly prominent. Further details on MovieWeb.com
4. The photographer who took Richard’s picture for the interview in the Mail on Sunday 19 Sept 10, has posted another picture from that photoshoot on her facebook page. The picture has been added to the redesigned 2010 Promo gallery and also below (click to enlarge).
Ordeal by Innocence will be on TV in France on the TMC channel on Tuesday 14 June at 13:35. Thanks to Prisca
2. Many thanks to Joane for her latest drawing of Guy of Gisborne which is now on the Artwork page.
3. Spooks 9 on PBS Seattle/Canada: KCTS9 will start showing Series 9 of Spooks/MI-5 on Saturday 2nd July at 10.00pm. Thanks to Audrey for the email.
4. Robin Hood 3 in Hungary: RTL Klub will be airing series 3 of Robin Hood at 3.40pm on Saturday 18th June. Thanks to Zsuzsanna.
5. A reminder to US residents that Spooks/MI-5 series 9 is available on Netflix’s Watch Instantly. In fact all 80 episodes of Spooks/MI-5 from the very first episode are available. The Spooks 9 DVD will be available in North America on 12 July.
6. ITV have been showing an advert promoting Sky TV frequently over the last few days, which includes a short clip of Richard in Strike Back. The advert is very long, so I’ve just captured the brief moment when Richard appears – and it is brief! To view the clip, click here or right-mouse-click the link (Ctrl-click on a Mac) to download. Thanks to Jane for letting me know when to get the recorder ready!
Click these thumbnails to for large screencaps of the clip.
Short trailers for Captain America have been shown on US television over the last few days, showing similar clips to the main trailer. The third TV spot however shows a very brief shot of Richard as Heinz Kruger being kicked by Steve Rogers (25 seconds in), which was filmed at the Albert Dock in Liverpool. Richard also appears two more times earlier on in the trailer, but these are clips already seen in the main trailer.
1. New stills from Captain America: The First Avenger have been posted on ComicBookMovie.com. Bccmee has found a larger version of one of the pictures of Richard as Heinz Kruger without the watermark. Click the pictures below to enlarge.
All high res stills from the film have been added to the Captain America Stills gallery – click ‘download image’ at the bottom to see its full size. I’m trialling this new style of gallery and may decide to implement throughout the screencap gallery soon.
2. The Robin Hood Promo gallery has been updated with some new additions and larger versions of existing pictures. To see the full size of each image, click ‘original image’ in the bottom-right corner. Click again to zoom further in some cases and press F5 to refresh the screen if images are not appearing correctly.
1. New poll on the left-hand side – there are 2 trailers for Strike Back, one for the UK and one for US, but please tell us your overall opinion of them. Links to trailers are on the Strike Back career page. Previous poll results are here.
2. The first series Strike Back is about to be repeated in Italy. The FX channel will show the first episode tomorrow at 9pm. More details and schedule times on the FXTV site. Thanks to Maga.
3. The Spooks series 9 DVD is available from today in Australia. The price from EzyDVD is $59.97 and from the ABC Shop it’s $59.99. It’s released in the US and Canada on 12 July. More information on the Spooks 9 career page.