1. From TheOneRing.net: Warner Bros have finally confirmed there will be a Hobbit panel with cast members including Richard Armitage on Saturday 14th July in Hall H at San Diego Comic-Con. Also in attendance will be Peter Jackson, Philippa Boyens, Andy Serkis, Martin Freeman and Sir Ian McKellen. Rumours that Richard would be there began with the recent article in Total Film magazine.
2. A donation to Barnardo’s was made today from referral fees accrued from Amazon.co.uk for the month of April 2012. Thank you very much for using the Amazon links on the home page and earning referral fees for charity. Further details here.
New poll on the site asking which actor you’d like to see in a film with Richard. The list comes from some of the British actors listed in the recent BBCA Anglophenia poll. Thanks for voting. Previous poll results are here.
1. Strike Back series 1 in Africa: Strike Back is currently showing on M-Net in South Africa and on DSTV in other African countries on Fridays at 21:30 Central African Time, repeated on Sundays at 22:15. This Friday they are showing the first part of the second storyline, i.e. the story set in Zimbabwe. Confusingly this is known as episode 2 on the DVD, but when it was first broadcast in the UK this was episode 3, since each story was broadcast in two installments. Episode 3 screencaps are here and a select few here in HD. Thanks to Kirsten for this info.
2. Thank you to Kathryn for sharing her artwork, a hand-cut silhouette of Richard now on the Artwork page. If you would like to leave any comments about any of the artwork on that page, scroll down to the end of the page to the comments section.
RAFrenzy has a first hand report from an audience member at Saturday night’s performance of Sir Ian McKellen’s show in Wellington, with an account of her chat with Richard and another video to watch. Thanks to NZfanofRA for sharing.
The cast of The Hobbit joined Sir Ian McKellen on stage at the State Opera House, Wellington, NZ last night to raise money for Christchurch’s earthquake-damaged Isaac Theatre Royal. Lots of pictures have been posted by audience members in the last few hours, several of which include Richard. Peter Jackson was also in the audience.
- This picture posted on twitter shows the cast on stage.
- This one is even clearer. Richard can clearly be seen on the far right, Billy Connolly in the middle and Martin Freeman second from left.
- These two pictures of Richard with an audience member come with kind permission from @prwelly on twitter: picture one and picture two.
- UPDATE 1st July This post on tumblr from Catherine shows Richard, Martin Freeman, Billy Connolly, Peter Jackson, Sir Ian McKellen and Dean O’Gorman. Click each picture to enlarge. And another picture from Catherine posted on twitter 1st July here.
- Several more pictures on this post on tumblr. Click to enlarge.
- Lots of pictures of the cast and other audience members of stage on tumblr. Click to enlarge.
- Video footage on Youtube
Two audience members have tweeted that Lee Pace confirmed Richard Armitage and Martin Freeman will be attending San Diego Comic-Con. This has not been officially announced yet.
Sir Ian McKellen has revealed that The Hobbit will premiere in London, New York, Berlin and Tokyo after the world premiere in Wellington, NZ on 28 November 2012.
Four new puzzles have been added to the Jigsaws page today. Scroll down to see the new jigsaws.
Changes to the North and South and The Golden Hour galleries today. Some images are larger and some are new, as indicated below:
Press ‘original image’ to see the larger, full version of the image and press F5 if you need to refresh your screen, in case you cannot see the new images.
- NandSPromo-33 is new to the gallery and the following image are larger: NandSPromo-07, NandSPromo-21, NandSPromo-23, NandSPromo-25 and NandSPromo-29. These images and others featuring other cast members are from this Hungarian TV site – scroll down to see the other images.
- 4 new Golden Hour images: GHPromo-07, GHPromo-10, GHPromo-16 and GHPromo-20. These images are from the RTL Klub site.
2. All subsequent news headings on this site will be hyperlinked to make it easier to link to a news item on this site – click the date in blue ’16th June’ above to see the link in the address bar in your browser:
1. Cineplex.com have listed Richard in an article called The New Invasion: 5 Brits on the Brink, which also includes Eddie Redmayne, Martin Freeman, Tom Hiddleston and Benedict Cumberbatch.
“With a co-starring role in last year’s Captain America: The First Avenger and his sizable role as Thorin Oakenshield in Peter Jackson’s two part Hobbit adaptation…on the horizon, recognition on this side of the pond is likely to change in a hurry.”
2. Artwork added to the site today, with thanks to Teena.
- 1 photoshop painting of John Thornton
- 1 wallpaper of Guy of Gisborne and Meg (from series 3)
- 4 signatures of Guy of Gisborne
- 2 icons of Guy of Gisborne
3. Round 2 of BBC America’s Anglo Fan Favourites tournament has put Richard Armitage against very tough opposition – Tom Hiddleston. Vote (for Richard) here.
1. The Hobbit will finish filming in the first week of July. Billy Connolly, who plays Dain Ironfoot in the film has revealed that the wrap party will take place on 7th July.
2. The Hobbit panel at Comic-Con, San Diego: “Warner Bros. Pictures, which has reserved a three-hour block on Saturday, July 14, is expected to anchor its presentation with “The Hobbit: An Unexpected Journey”…” A recent article in Total Film suggested that Richard Armitage may attend ComicCon and perhaps we can hope for another trailer too?
1. Thanks to Joane for sending the following cuttings from French TV guides about Strike Back series 1, which will be shown tonight at 20:50 and Spooks series 9 to be shown on Monday at 20:55 on Canal+. Click to enlarge.
3. Two new images of Lucas North have been added to the Spooks Promo gallery courtesy of the Canal+ site. Images series9-06 and series9-38 are new. Click ‘original image’ to see full size – the 2nd image is very large. Press F5 to refresh your screen if you cannot see the images.
4. Four new images of Guy of Gisborne are now in the Series 2 Promo gallery, with thanks to the farfarawaysite.com. Images ep8-1, ep9-1, ep9-2 (although he’s out of focus!) and ep9-6 are new. As above, click ‘original image’ to see full size and press F5 if necessary.
1. Robin Hood series 1 in Spain: the Boing channel are showing Robin Hood series 1 every Sunday at approximately 18:30 and repeating it on Mondays at 22:30. Thanks to Theresa.
2. A picture and video of Richard filming Spooks series 9 has appeared on jogroglog’s blog. Picture posted below with kind permission. Visit the blog to watch the video of Richard/Lucas North talking on the ‘phone outside the Freemason’s Hall in London. I think this is from episode 7?
Click to enlarge
3. Here’s a scan of the double page spread from Total Film magazine, Summer 2012 issue, as mentioned in the news 4th June below: ‘The New Faces of The Hobbit’. Click to enlarge.
Peter Jackson’s 7th Production Video is now on his Facebook page, in which he gives us a tour of Stone Street Studios in Wellington. There are not many glimpses of Richard, but screencaps are now in the 7th Production Video gallery.
The date for The Hobbit world premiere has been announced: 28 November 2012. It will take place at The Embassy theatre in Wellington, NZ. Further details on stuff.co.nz. Thanks to Calexora.
1. An article in Total Film this month has a quote from Richard and suggests that he might attend Comic Con 2012 in San Diego. Thanks to Cumberbatchweb for the information – scan is above (news 7th June) and on The Hobbit career page. Comic Con takes place from 12 – 15 July, however it is already sold out. Comic Con website.
2. Captain America on TV in Italy: Sky Cinema 1 Italia is showing Captain America: The First Avenger at 21.10 this evening. Richard played Hydra agent Heinz Kruger, more details here. Thanks to Manuela.
1. The picture of the day archive for May 2012 has been added to the Multimedia menu on the left-hand side, or click here to download all the individual pictures.
2. Thanks to Joane for two new excellent drawings of Guy of Gisborne and Richard Armitage, now on the Artwork page.
1. WETA UK, a new UK television PBS channel in the Washington DC, Maryland and Virgina area, will be showing Robin Hood series 1 at the weekend. Here’s the TV schedule for a list of dates/times. Thanks to Faboamanto on twitter.
2. Eight new puzzles have been added to the Jigsaws page, scroll down to see the new jigsaws.